13 Ways the MSU EAP Can Serve You
You can use your MSU EAP benefit to address a number of different kinds of issues or concerns.
- Help you to assess your personal problems or concerns so that you can see them more clearly;
- Counseling and support for mental health concerns like depression or anxiety;
- Counseling for your immediate family members (your partner/spouse and children);
- Grief counseling and education to help you transition through loss;
- Substance abuse assessment and education, as well as recovery support and recommendations for treatment;
- Marital/relationship counseling to address concerns in your relationships with spouses, partners, or other significant people;
- Help you clarify your goals for your personal life and/or career;
- Assist you to increase your psychological flexibility;
- Build greater capacity to identify and remove the barriers to personal growth and change;
- Assistance for improving your relationship with your coworkers/supervisor;
- Counseling and support related to intimate partner or family violence;
- Departmental or individual support following a traumatic event on campus;
- Help in identifying and accessing other resources that could offer assistance.